Enhance and improve the lighting around your home, especially if you are looking for the best viewing experience for your home theater or television. Even if you believe your rooms are adequately lit, consider the following tips to ensure your home is safe, convenient, and illuminated:
- Keep your home dimly lit to reduce glare and improve illumination when watching television or enjoying your home theater in the family room. Make sure that components are not in direct sunlight, which can impact the resolution.
- Light up unique focal points and displays at night with small task lamps. This will also serve to reduce the glare of monitors or screens that you are viewing.
- Make sure that the lighting in your foyer is bright enough to counter the light streaming in through doors or windows. This will prevent the harshness when walking in and out of the home, as well as make others feel welcomed when visiting on movie-night!
- Use warm white bulbs to evoke a feeling of welcoming and comfort in your theater; use cool white bulbs to invigorate and stimulate the senses.
- Invest in dimmers for your lighting fixtures to control and darken rooms during entertaining or family gatherings; this creates a calm and serene ambiance while enjoying your home theater.
- Make sure that your bedroom is dim to encourage sleep and natural Melatonin. This will also create the best image for nighttime viewing.
- Buy a task lamp near your bedside for reading, crafting, or whatever projects you enjoy at bedtime. This will make such activities much easier on your eyes while keeping a harsh glare off your computer screen or television.
Use these tips to re-evaluate the lighting in your home theater or viewing areas! Visit retailers and sites to find the perfect light fixtures to enhance and improve daily living through proper lighting.